Monday, March 11, 2013

Booyah!

Okay, I must say the latest models have made me drool...more than usual anyway.   Remember about a week ago, I posted about a monster storm coming.   For the past while it had "dissappeared" off the models or wasn't very significant.  But yesterday afternoon's version of the Euro showed a big storm again and now the latest GFS has joined in for a storm around next Tuesday.  And they're both showing a snow storm hammering all of southern and eastern Ontario with 30+cms of snow.   I am showing you part of a map from the Euro that show the snowfall totals for the next 9 days.   I know it may be hard to see, so for reference, Ottawa is at the top of the red triangle-ish 18 inch line and the bottom is right around Kingston.

I'm trying not to get too excited about this prospect as it is more than a week away, but I'll  be watching this closely.

In the near term, mostly rain tonight into tomorrow.  Cooler temps come in Wednesday for a few days. Saturday looks like a clipper coming through southern Ont that will put a few cms down in Ottawa.

No comments:

Post a Comment